The Cut Restaurant and Bar is on 94 Collingwood Street and set in a 1900s historic home. Beautifully decorated and complimented by local art, the restaurants oozes class and charm. Opened from Tuesday to Saturday at 6pm, enjoy a meal that uses only the finest and freshest ingredients that has a Mediterranean flair. The wine list has been carefully selected to include bottles from New Zealand and beyond. For more details, contact + 643548 9874.
- Located on 189 Bridge Street is The Verdict Bar and Café and is opened every day of the week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This award winning restaurant has meals that start from $5 and is stylish yet comfortable that carries a warm ambience. It's a restaurant for all, from the lovers to the families to a friend gathering and to even a business lunch. The meals are rich and generous with an extensive wine list to match. For more details, contact +643548 4499.
- Amongst bars and restaurants on 123 Bridge Street , Thai Fusion stands out for its fabulous food and the unique surroundings. A simple but beautifully designed restaurant that is a vision of Thailand with its thatched roofs, hewn posts, brick floors and bamboos. Offering authentic food including Thai soups, Thai curries and Thai salads. Opened every day until late, for more details, contact +643 548 2988.
- A Japanese restaurant located at 50 Bridge Street , Haroo Sushi , meaning ‘spring' in Japanese, serves fresh, high quality cuisine. Using Japanese trained chefs who take great pride in their authentic food, choose from nigiri sushi, sushi rolls, noodles, lunch and dinner specials. Open from Monday to Saturday, contact +643 546 6123 for further enquiries.
- The Smuggler's Pub carries an old English atmosphere complete with a warm fire and English relics such as chains, stocks and a banquet table. Opened every day and is great for families or big groups, this cozy place offers delicious and generous servings of food from lamb shanks to steaks to pasta to potato dishes. For more details, contact +643 546 4084 or visit them where they are located, 8 Muritai Street , Tahunanui.
- Zara's Turkish Kebabs, located on 277 Queen Street , is family owned and operated by a Turkish family. If you're looking for a real ethnic experience, come and enjoy the variety of Turkish dishes and the exotic surroundings of vibrant colors, Turkish music and affluent tapestries. Opened seven days a week, contact +643544 1494 for more information.
- The Wholemeal Café on 60 Commercial Street , Takaka, is a renovated former theatre and has a colorful atmosphere catering to a wide variety of people. Opened every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Offering a vivid display of salads, sandwiches, cakes, slices as well as a menu for lunch, there is also a wide range of delicious meals in the evening including curries and fresh seafood with a complimenting wine list. Great service, great atmosphere, great food!
- On 818 Abel Tasman Drive right opposite the beach, lies Penguin Café and Bar that's opened everyday. Have a relaxing and satisfying food experience while also enjoying the open fire, pool room and TV. With a glass of regional wine, take a pick from the extensive menu that takes great pride in its gourmet pizzas, seafood and use of local produce. For more details, contact +643 525 6126.
- If you're interested in supporting the environment and living an eco-friendly life, The Naked Possum Café located on Kaituna River is a unique place to visit. Offering a basic menu that's fresh and delicious, enjoy a meal whilst unwinding and admiring the natural surroundings of bush land and native birds. The Naked Possum Café is also a possum leather tannery, has a rata tree nursery and a shop as well as tracks to explore. For more information, contact +643 524 8433.
- A Methodist church reborn into a café, Vespers Café and Wine Bar is on 3 Ellis Street in Brightwater amongst stunning gardens. Vespers carries a relaxing and charming ambience matched by its unique décor of stained glass windows. The menu is varied but modern and simple that uses fresh, local and seasonal produce to create a glorious meal. Opened daily, for further enquiries, contact +643 542 3480.
- Seifrieds Vineyard Restaurant creates their cuisine based around local and seasonal food to create amazing platters that go well with their own wine. Set amongst vineyards at Redwood Road , Appleby, Seifrieds is in a beautiful location with mountains as a backdrop and spacious outside area. It's a great place to visit for functions or just a simple stop over. For more details, contact +643 544 1555.
- There is indoor and outdoor dining at Hot Mama's, which has a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a tropical, colorful theme. It serves Havana coffee and a wide range of food including bagels, nachos, pizzas, cakes and slices as well as offering wheat-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and egg-free alternatives. Enjoy a meal, and then stay as Hot Mama's turns into a restaurant to a great club with awesome music. For more details, contact +643 528 7039.