Enveloped by breathtaking mountains and based near the dramatic shores of Lake Wakatipu , Queenstown is quite possibly the most appealing city in New Zealand .Fot the US travellers, its quite similar to Lake tahoe
For the best deals on accommodation in
Queenstown please click here
With long summer days, that can start at 5am and end as late as 10pm, you are sure to have a busy, fun filled time. With superb weather, old fashioned architecture and distinctive landscapes,
Queenstown has a charming aura that draws people to it. Queenstown is able to cater to visitors with their accommodation and the availability of activities and events.
- Visit the Kiwi and Birdlife Park where there are 19 different types of endangered birds.
- Visit one of the 82 registered wineries
- Explore Lake Wanaka with its glaciers and valleys where a whole lot of activities are on offer from hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, rock climbing to kayaking, windsurfing, wake surfing and cruising.
- Go paragliding with to experience the freedom and flight of birds with one of the five parapenting businesses in Queenstown.
- Have an adrenaline rushing adventure with one of many tours where you can go mountaineering, horse trekking, white water rafting and more!
- Go on the Caitlins Discovery Tour, where you can view wildlife, visit historical sites, and rural walks and have refreshing meals.
- Cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board the TSS Earnslaw Vintage Steamship where you can wine and dine with loved ones.
- Have an evening at one of the four performing arts centers
- From the pleasure and tranquility of a hot air balloon, enjoy a refreshing way to take in stunning views of lakes and mountains at sunrise on Sunrise Balloons.
- Have the courage to go sky diving with either NZ Skydive or NZONE Skydive.
- Take the whole family on the Skyline Luge, a relaxed ride with magnificent views. Take the three wheeled luge carts and drive knowing it's safe and that you have full control of the steering system and brakes.
- Have a luxurious, much needed treatment at one of the spas. In particular, the reputable Aspects Day Spa and the Spa at Millbrook promises that you will feel rejuvenated and relaxed after sampling one of their invigorating treatments.